This website is operated and provided by Desirum Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12659740, whose registered office is at 71-75 Shelton Street, London, Greater London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ (“Desirum”, “we”, “us”, “our”). Desirum is the data controller of your Data for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation.
Data Protection Notice
Desirum Ltd, collects, processes and stores the information and personal data you submit to our website in relation to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience and to provide the goods and services you have requested. We may also use the information that you have provided to ensure that the content on our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and to allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Site (including the Interactive Services) when you choose to do so.
We do not expect to hold or Process any sensitive Data about you. However, if it is necessary for us to do so, then we will inform you in advance of the purposes for which we propose to Process Your sensitive Data. In most cases, we will always obtain your consent before processing your sensitive Data, which is the legal basis for us being permitted to do so.
For what purposes is Data used?
By using our Site and providing your Data, you agree that we may use your Data to:
- provide the products, services and customer support You request;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Service Terms;
- manage, customise and improve our services, content and advertising;
- tell you about goods and services and provide you with targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on Your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties; and complete credit checks with credit reference agencies (where we extend credit to You), who may keep a record of any search that they run.
All processing activities shall be carried out in accordance with your individual rights as defined by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
Please note that by submitting information about yourself through our website, you are agreeing for Desirum Ltd, to process and store that data. This data shall be stored only for the duration of the previously outlined purpose for collection. We never store or process your data longer than we need to, and we do not use your data for any purpose other than those you have agreed to.
The data you submit to our website will never be shared with or transferred to a third-party organisation.
You reserve the right to request Desirum Ltd, update your personal data at any time. You can also request information about your personal data, withdraw your consent for us to process your information or request a transfer or deletion of your data.
Contacting You and opting out of certain purposes
You acknowledge that your Data may be used by Desirum or the relevant third party retailer to contact you by post, phone or electronic mail when necessary in connection with your use of the site and/or your purchase of products or Desirum 3D Services.
From time to time, Desirum or the relevant third party retailer may also contact you by post, phone or electronic mail in order to send You one or more of the following:
- a Desirum Service;
- a Product a communication about an order placed by you;
- or an invoice.
You can opt-out of certain uses of the data we collect from you. For example, you may opt out of receiving any or all direct marketing from us. However, to the extent that you request Services or Products, you cannot opt out of receiving the communications set out above, as these are a necessary part of receiving these items.
Any data that is held with Desirum shall be retained in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
Legal basis for use of Your Data
The law permits us to process your personal data in the way that it does because the processing is:
- necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests that we pursue, which are to run and administer our business and to discharge our legal obligations to store and disclose information where necessary;
- and/or necessary for the performance of our contract to provide You with goods and services;
- and/or necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which Desirum is subject.
Recipients of Data
The following categories of recipients may receive your Data and process it for the purposes outlined above:
We may disclose Data to provide our products and services (including the Interactive Services), to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, and protect our rights and property.
We may also share Your Data with:
- other companies we have instructed to provide services for us;
- other third parties for those purposes that may be reasonably ascertained from the circumstances in which the information was submitted;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties where we believe that it is necessary to do so in order to comply with laws or regulations, to assist law enforcement, or in other limited circumstances (for example if required by a court order or regulatory authority, to enforce the terms under which you transact or communicate with or via Desirum, or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site, our technology assets or the rights, property or personal safety of any person);
- any successor in interest, in the event of a liquidation or administration of Desirum; [and
credit reference agencies (where we extend credit to You)].
Links to Other Sites
Security of Information
The privacy and protection of your Data is important to us. However, although we maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your Data from unauthorised or inappropriate access, you acknowledge that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to us or provided via, to, from or through the Site. You accept that Desirum cannot be held liable for any breaches of confidentiality that may occur as a result of the use of email. If there is any sensitive or confidential Data which you do not wish to communicate by email, please contact Desirum by telephone or post to arrange an alternative method of communication. You transmit all your Data at your own risk.
Once your Data is submitted, we have security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the Data under their control.
In addition, any Desirum User statistics that we may provide to prospective partners regarding your usage of the Interactive Services are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any individually identifiable Data.
Retention and Deletion of Information
All Data is stored in accordance with our internal retention and destruction policies. How long we keep your Data collected through our Site depends on the context in which you provide it and the purpose for which we use it.
We may send you direct marketing communications, and retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, (provided that you have consented to receiving them) for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from Desirum.
- Opting out
Where required by Data Protection Legislation,you will be given a choice when you provide us with Data to opt into certain uses we may intend to make of that Data, such as sending you newsletters, information or offers containing updated information about us, our goods and services, promotions, our Desirum Blogs, customer surveys or our Site. We will not send you direct marketing, or pass your details to third parties for the purpose of them sending you direct marketing, without your consent.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list for newsletters, alerts and updates at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to you. Details of how to unsubscribe will be included on each electronic mailing we send You. Alternatively, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “URGENT – UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST” in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email, or send your request to Desirum using any of the contact details below.
We will action any opt out request from you without delay, and in any event within one month.
If Data has been passed to third parties, you may need to contact them separately if you change your mind in relation to their use of your Data.
At any time, you have the right to:
- request a copy of any Data that we hold about you;
- information about how we process your Data (for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third party sources from it was obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences, and the safeguards we rely on if we transfer
- your personal data from within to outside of the European Economic Area);
- ask us to rectify any Data that we hold about you, if you consider that it is inaccurate.
- ask us to erase any Data that we hold about you, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- object to us processing your Data in your particular situation, which you may exercise if we rely on the fact that the processing is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by us in order to carry out that processing;
- and withdraw any consent you give to our processing your Data (although please note that in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing your Data even where you have withdrawn your consent).
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the details below. Any request for your Data must be in writing and we will respond within one month. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and ask you for more details about your request.
There may be some information which we are not legally able to disclose to you. Also, in exceptional circumstances, it may not be practicable for us to provide you with copies of all the documents that you request. If this is the case, we will explain our reasoning to you. We may have to charge you an administrative fee for the cost of providing you with a copy of certain documents.